Welcome to my thoughts...don't try to figure me out; you might hurt yourself.

Hope you enjoy! Feel free to leave comments, and I'll return the favor!

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The oscar for best supporting male goes to...

Today, blogworld, I want to introduce you to the leading men in the movie that is my life. These are the men that inspire me to be my greatest and never judge me when I'm not. Of course they have their faults, what man doesn't, but in my time of knowing them, they have grown and learned from their past mistakes.

First, there is my baby brother. Of course he is far from a baby, he's 21 actually, but to me he will always be my baby brother. Michael is my pride and joy. He is a junior at one of the top schools in the country. As a philosophy major you can only guess how complex his thoughts are. He is a person that can find the beauty in everything which in turn makes him beautiful. His passion for anything that he sets his sights on is equal to the eagerness that he shows when inviting others into his world. Without him my knowledge of the tragedies that occur in the world would be limited and drastically uninformed. To him I give credit for my willingness to keep an open mind and an open heart.

While I am a daddy's girl at heart, I will never hesitate to say that I would never marry a man like my father. For every loving trait he shows to his children, he countered with hateful actions towards his wife, my mother. My life growing up around him was like skating on a frozen lake carefully because you're not sure where it would crack. To this day I still can't understand how a man who would give the world to me couldn't understand how he played a big role in giving me a negative view I have on the relationship between a man and a woman. To him I give credit for knowing that a parent's love should be limitless, but I also give him credit for the disasters that are my past relationships.

My best friend is also my worst enemy at times. He is the only person that I can argue with one minute and then be laughing with in the next. He told me the other day that he wishes we never entered into a relationship, one of the disasters I spoke of earlier, but I feel that if we never tried to explore something deeper, we wouldn't be as close as we are today. No matter how bad I treated him, he never treated me with the amount of disrespect that I dished out his way. Though I think that we are better as friends, I will never love anyone as much as I love him. To him I give credit for me finding out that I'm not perfect so I might as well accept myself as I am.

2 comments:

Because I Said So said...

What perfect Patti messed up? hahaha. Nice blog, though, its about time you opened up.

Lisa said...

LOL Thanks girl!