Welcome to my thoughts...don't try to figure me out; you might hurt yourself.

Hope you enjoy! Feel free to leave comments, and I'll return the favor!

Sunday, April 13, 2008

What about yo friends

I have a real problem with people that just sit around and expect things to happen for them. While I was going through my unemployment phase, I also had two other friends who were experiencing the same thing. Friend A graduated with me and quickly found a temporary job while still searching for a career. Friend B graduated long before me(two years) and has just now found a temporary job. She seems to have stopped looking for a career altogether. The other day, I was telling friend B that I found my job through a professional organization that I joined and maybe she should try this too. You know when you're talking to someone about something and you can tell its going in one ear and out the other...well, thats what happened with her.

Throughout my journey into adulthood, I have been reevaluating the qualities I look for not only in a man, but in a friend. I've realized that my patience is growing thin for people who are not as, if not more, motivated than I am. The people that you surround yourself with are a reflection of you. While I love friend B and will always be there for her, I find myself distancing myself more and more. The last straw was when she showed her distaste for another friend who recently decided to stop partying and focus on getting her life together. Who in their right mind would be mad at someone for that?!?!? I am now realizing that Friend A is the type of person that I relate to and confide in more.

Not only can I call on her if I want to have fun, but she is also the type of person that I can grow and experience new things with. She is open minded and just an overall good friend. So Aerial, I just want to say, that over the past year, you have become a best friend to me and I appreciate you always being there!

1 comment:

Because I Said So said...

Awww Lease! A tear just created in the corner of my left eye. I appreciate you as well.
This is so sweet and we know Friend B is trifling as we all can be sometimes but things don't change people. Life is the same thing over and over, it's the people who change things and some people don't have that motivation like you said to make that change.