Welcome to my thoughts...don't try to figure me out; you might hurt yourself.

Hope you enjoy! Feel free to leave comments, and I'll return the favor!

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Just because it's good to you, doesn't mean it's good for you

Last night, I had a conversation with a good male friend who I recently discovered would like to become more than my friend. I was telling him about this guy that I am extremely attracted to and I would describe as my "type." Now my friend is not what I would typically be attracted to physically, but I am drawn to his personality. After hearing me go on and on about my crush, my friend said it amazes him how women are rarely attracted to the person that is best for them.
I was shocked! Not because I didn't believe what he was saying, but because this was so true. When I think back to most of the choices that I've made in men, I realize that I tend to date the men that are living the "street" life and file the "corporate" type men into the friend category. Does that make me closed minded, blogworld? Is my attraction to these "bad boys" the reason why I am still single and not in a meaningful relationship? Now don't get me wrong...these bad boys never treated me badly, in fact, my recent crush is extremely sweet to me...calls me everyday to see how my day went; sends me text just to say he's thinking about me. But, when I think about it, I realize that we are both living very different lives and in the end I don't know if anything serious could every evolve.
When I look at most of my girlfriends, I realize that this same pattern appears in their choices of men. So, I've decided to be open minded and go out with my friend while remaining open to any possibilities. Even if nothing develops, at least I know that I kept an open mind and didn't immediately rule someone out because my knees didn't immediately go weak at just the sight of him.

No comments: